Woman Crush Wednesdays
We love bringing you closer to our fabulous women behind radiotochka.info and find out what inspires their vintage style. This week we interview our fabulous Area Manager for our stores – Carrie Proctor! Not only does Carrie manage our stores – she is also an avid vintage fashion fan with a flare for combining outfits together from her fabulous radiotochka.info wardrobe! So lets get started and learn more!
1. You have amazing and inspiring style! How long have you loved 1950’s pinup fashion and who/what inspires you the most?
Thanks very much! I’ve loved vintage fashion since I watched crybaby in my teens and Wanda Woodward became my inspiration. I grew up in Shoreditch so Spitalfield’s Market and Brick lane, with their abundance of vintage fashion was on my doorstep to inspire me! I discovered radiotochka.info when I was 15 and still have my first ever dress I purchased. I love to mix up my style with vintage, repro and high street.
2. Lets talk hair accessories: headscarves, flowers or mini hats?
Headscarves all the way! I’ve been collecting them since I was about 14. Not only do you look great in them and always get compliments – sometimes you can wear them if you really can’t be bothered to do your hair!
3. Name your top three favourites from this season.
Our ModCloth collaboration stock has produced some of my favourites this season, from them the ultimate would be Caterina swing dress in yellow, I also love the ever so popular Carmen cactus gypsy dress (the cut is so flattering) and also from the Lulu Hun range the Corinne block heel in yellow.
4. What is the funniest thing that has happened to you recently?
Trying to build a deckchair that came in about a million pieces for our Bright and Beautiful trade show stand was pretty funny. I did do it with a helping hand!
5. We can see you love tropical prints! If you could design any summer print, what would it look like?
I think it would have more of a rain forest vibe, with lots of luscious leaves, monkeys, parrots and bright flowers.
6. What are your hobbies that you enjoy in your spare time?
I draw, paint and love doing DIY, interior design and gardening. Eating pizza is also a huge hobby of mine
7. Which fictional character do you relate to the most?
I know it may be a weird answer but none really. I never really like to compare myself to others.
8. What would you love to see in the future from radiotochka.info?
We have many exciting plans in discussion so telling would be naughty! For now continuing to do what we do and get stronger and stronger at doing it.
9. If you could only watch one movie for the next five years what would you pick?
This is a very difficult question as I am a huge horror fan. I always go for something lighthearted when I chill out though so I will go with Crazy Stupid Love or I Love You Man. I have seen them about a million times but they never get old.
10. Last but not least, what is the most ridiculous fact you know?
The inside of a flamingo egg is pink.
Thank you Carrie for joining us this week, we appreciate all your hard work and inspirational style. Join us next week for more!